Our professional physiotherapists will work with you to improve your physical health, lifestyle, and quality of life by helping to reduce your pain, improve your mobility, muscle flexibility and strength. We use a holistic approach that incorporates a wide range of physical and physiological therapeutic techniques. We employ evidence-based methods to promote your well-being and with a custom-made exercise prescription, teach you how to keep yourself healthy. Two of our physiotherapists speak French fluently.
Our registered physiotherapists will systematically evaluate and assess you in order to determine a thorough problem list. They will advise you on the appropriate physiotherapy treatment that is available to help achieve your health goals.
We will help you to plan your recovery in a way that will minimize pain, maximize mobility, strength and function.
We offer the following comprehensive services:
- Rehabilitation for Knee and Hip Post-Surgical Patients. Each patient will receive individual monitoring and assistance in order to reach their personal activity goals and recovery. Our clinic offers an effective well-equipped exercise gym that will meet our patient’s needs in a positive clinical atmosphere
- Rehabilitation Services / Physiotherapy Services: for the large variety of medical conditions including arthritis, disc pathologies, fractures, ligament sprains, muscle strains, nerve injuries plus much more
- Sport Injury Assessment and Treatment
- Post Surgical Rehabilitation: large spectrum from joint replacement to reconstructive joint surgeries
- Integrated rehabilitation program for anterior cruciate, posterior cruciate, and collateral ligaments of the knee
- Acupuncture for pain and the promotion of healing
- Orthotic Casting for the creation of reasonably priced orthotics
- Home Visits (performed on a case by case basis following discussions with the physiotherapist)
- Exercise Programs to fit all groups of individuals throughout the age spectrum (children to older adults)
- These programs are meant to enhance mobility, flexibility, and all necessary types of strength to get you back to work, play and life.
- Spinal, Peripheral Joint Manipulative Physiotherapy and advanced orthopaedic management
- Graded mobilization for all joints
- Muscle stretching and release treatments
- Friction, trigger point and therapeutic massage techniques
- Nerve mobilization and de-sensitization techniques
- mechanical spinal traction; decompression therapy
- Spinal and peripheral joint manipulation
- Physical Reconditioning Programs following significant injuries and chronic disabilities
- Taping and Bracing Consultation
- Insurance Company Services: functional abilities evaluation
- Industry pre-work screening evaluation
Worker’s Compensation Board
If you are injured at work, contact the Workers’ Compensation Board to be assigned a claim number. The Workers Compensation Act requires employers to provide the WCB with a fully completed Employers Report of Injury within 5 business days of becoming aware of a workplace accident.
The Worker’s Compensation Board will fund the physiotherapy initial assessment and report for most claims. From there, the physiotherapy report will be sent to the Worker’s Compensation Board and a written notice of approval will be sent back to the Windsor Park Physiotherapy within a short period of time. Once approved the Workers’ Compensation Board will allow 14 more treatment sessions. Following that initial allotment of 14 visits your physiotherapist can apply for more funding when your injuries are more severe.
Manitoba Public Insurance
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident you are covered by Manitoba Public Insurance for physiotherapy treatments. Windsor Park Physiotherapy will require your accident claim number to send in the physiotherapy initial report. Amount of treatments allotted is determined by severity of the injury.
Blue Cross can be conveniently directly billed at Windsor Park Physiotherapy. Sometimes Blue Cross will only cover a portion of the physiotherapy treatment. (80%) You are then responsible to pay for the remainder of the costs. When you come in for your first appointment please bring your benefits card.
Additional Private Insurance Claimants, including Great West Life
If you are covered with other private insurance companies, it is your responsibility to pay for each treatment after each visit. You can then send your invoices to your insurance company and have them reimburse you directly.